Monday, June 4, 2012

Jumping in Without a Clue...

Yikes. My first blog. Ever. The question is will I keep it up or not? Just fiddling around with this template on Blogger is daunting enough and no doubt it'll be weeks before I get things done the way I want them. Add pictures? You've got to be kidding! Hmm, I tried a few on the header and only time will tell how THOSE came out!
Anyhow, I'm hoping to write about veggie gardening. I retired 3 years ago after 25 years working as a registered nurse in a local hospital. Immediately ressurected my old vegetable garden, abandoned lo those many years ago when I had two small boys and had just started nursing school. We come full circle I think. That year I started gardening again was 2009 when here in CT it rained some 23 out of 25 days that June. Nothing grew! And the tomatoes were hit by late blight. Not mine though. My tomato plants never grew taller than 6 inches high! We had armies of slugs marching accross the property eating everything in sight. Yet by the end of that summer I was hooked, despite all.
Now I am on my fourth summer garden and each year there is improvement. My garden location is less than ideal, it is surrounded by huge trees and doesn't get near enough sunshine, but I do my best. Have harvested a glut of lettuce so far this spring; over 20 pounds, and I'm giving it away by the bagful. Every summer is a new adventure and always more to learn. Guess that's all for now. I need to sort my thoughts out about this blog thing!

2 comments:

  1. Of course you'll keep it up. I'll be right here annoying you if you don't ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny, you are obviously an encourager! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete