Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Harvest Monday!

I actually had a Christmas Eve harvest! One of the dishes I make for Christmas day calls for leeks, so I took a walk down to the frozen garden and dug out some of the last of the leeks.
Not many, but enough to add flavor to the seafood gratin I make. I don't think I've ever harvested a fresh vegetable on December 24, so this is quite exciting!
My day today is chock full of cooking and baking for my little family. Both sons and my daughter-in-law will be here tonight and tomorrow we will be hosting my younger son's in-laws as well. Tonight there is an evening service at church where I will be singing in the choir as well as doing a solo, so I need to have food and house ready by then. Looking forward to the blessings of the day! Merry Christmas to all and happy harvesting! Harvest Monday is hosted by Daphne's Dandelions; take a look at what others have harvested this week!

8 comments:

  1. How lovely that you had something from the garden to contribute to the holiday meal. Sounds like you have a house full and should enjoy a wonderful day. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kitsap and the same to you and yours! I also have some frozen peas from my garden which will feature as a side dish tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. So wonderful to be able to pick something for Christmas dinner. I'm bringing things from the garden but they are all storage things. Even the thumbprint cookies I'm going to make will have garden strawberry jam. But nothing will be fresh picked this year. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still great to have those storage goodies! Have a Merry Christmas yourself!

      Delete
  3. Lucky you to have some things from your garden in December! Merry Christmas and enjoy all your family! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you all and happy gardening too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Dave and Merry Christmas to you and your family as well! Your blog has been a great source of inspiration to me over the past two years!

    ReplyDelete